Fauquier County Wineries - About Us
Virginia wineries in Fauquier County, Virginia are represented
collectively by the Fauquier Wine Council. The following represents
the objectives and code of conduct adopted by the council after unanimous
approval by the members.
Fauquier Wine Council Objectives
the furtherance and promotion of the following:
- Viticultural and wine production interests of the Commonwealth of Virginia in general and of Fauquier County in particular;
- The growth of grape growing and winemaking as a major component of agriculture in Fauquier County;
- The production and consumption of high quality wine produced from Fauquier County and Virginia grapes from members’ vines and farm wineries;
- Public recognition of wines and other agricultural products from FWC members;
- The establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships with local, state, and federal governmental entities and agencies, including the development of policy / input statements and FWC resolutions for presentation to those entities and agencies when FWC determines those entities and agencies are considering laws and policies with impact on FWC members;
- The development of economic growth and tourism within the geographic areas encompassing FWC members.
Fauquier Wine Council
Code of Conduct
As a member of the Fauquier Wine Council I am agreeing that through this Code of Conduct I am committed to business practices that promote sustainable wine-growing as a set of best practices which guide farm wineries in producing wine in an environmentally friendly and socially responsible manner that benefits families, employees, communities and the environment.
Furthermore I am committed:
- To be sensitive to the impact of our farm winery operation on our neighbors, the environment and the country way of life
- To amicably resolving our neighbors concerns
- To the continuous improvement of the quality of Virginia wine which begins with a high quality grape crop both in our vineyards and from those Virginia vineyards from whom we purchase fruit
- To strive to produce high quality “world class“ wines which bring greater recognition of Virginia among the significant wine producing regions
- To work with other farm wineries and vineyards to support programs which effectively communicate the quality of our local wine grapes and wines
- To work with other vineyards and wineries to develop and implement sustainable farming practices to preserve the land, air, water and other natural resources
- To work with other farm wineries and vineyards to support programs which work with federal, state and local governments to protect the right to farm and privileges granted under our VA ABC license
- To do nothing which brings discredit to farm wineries and vineyards Virginia
The Medal Room
Recent medal winning Fauquier Wines
The San Francisco International Wine Competition – June 2010
Three Fox Vineyards Alouette Cabernet Franc 2008 - Silver Medal
Three Fox Vineyards Piemontese Nebbiolo 2008 – Bronze Medal
Three Fox Vineyards La Giacosa Chardonnay 2009 – Bronze Medal
Philip Carter Winery 2008 Governor Fauquier - Bronze Medal
Copyright 2010 Vinoworld, Inc.